We only use the best quality ingredients which include BPA-free, tinted glass containers for your pills and tincture. Our vegan capsules are free of yeast, gluten, wheat, corn, soy, milk, sugar, starch, preservatives, and animal products.
We have our very own dedicated kitchen which is used solely for processing placenta products. We do NOT take more than one placenta at a time to ensure mix-ups do not occur.
Placenta Encapsulation Methods
The Raw Method
- Consists of thoroughly cleaning your placenta, delicately slicing it into thin pieces, dehydrating it, gently grinding it up, and carefully placing into capsules.
- The Raw Method has been said to be more potent than the Traditional Chinese Method.
- The Raw Method tends to yield more pills than the Traditional Chinese Method.
- Pills from the Raw Method will only last one year in the freezer.
The Traditional Chinese Method (TCM)
- Consists of thoroughly cleaning your placenta, steaming it, delicately slicing it into thin pieces, dehydrating it at 160°, gently grinding it up, and carefully placing into capsules.
- We do NOT use any herbs in our steaming process.
- The water from the steaming process can be consumed and is referred to as Mother’s Broth.
“TCM is all about creating a balance in the body, and different conditions are considered “hot” or “cold”. For example, a cold can produce a fever, which is an excess of heat. Therefore, the treatment would be something that has a cooling effect on the body. But in TCM, postnatal women are considered to have an excess of cold in the body. In China, new mothers are discouraged from eating cold food or drinks, or even from taking a shower lest it create an additional chill. She is only given warm foods and foods that have a warming effect on her system, for at least the first 30-40 days postpartum.
Raw placenta will have a cooling effect on her system, throwing her even further out of balance. Prepared or cooked placenta (steamed is preferable, as steaming is the most gentle way to cook something and retain the most nutrients in the food) is the most preferable way of ingesting placenta for postpartum women. It will have a warming effect on her system, bringing her more quickly into balance.”
– “Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Placenta.” PlacentaBenefits.info. Placenta Benefits Ltd. Web.
Considerations When Selecting Your Method
It is recommended to use the Traditional Chinese Method (TCM) if you have any of the following:
- Group B Strep (GBS)
- Meconium present at birth (baby’s feces)
You may also choose to have your encapsulation completed using some of your placenta for both methods (50/50).
Organic capsules are available upon request for an additional $10.
Flavored capsules are available upon request for an additional $10. Options are berry, orange, grape or strawberry. Organic and flavored are not available.