Have a Happy Postpartum Period
Over 5 years of encapsulating placentas and over 200 people served, from our separate, dedicated placenta kitchen in Centerville, Utah.
Utah Placenta Encapsulation is Utah’s premier encapsulation specialist. Helping birthing people to have a happy postpartum period.
Depending on the size of the placenta and the method used for encapsulation, you can expect to get 80-200+ pills that you can take as long as you need during your postpartum period!
Our Placenta Encapsulation Methods
The Raw Method
- Consists of thoroughly cleaning your placenta, delicately slicing it into thin pieces, dehydrating it, gently grinding it up, and carefully placing into capsules.
- The Raw Method has been said to be more potent than the Traditional Chinese Method.
- The Raw Method tends to yield more pills than the Traditional Chinese Method.
- Pills from the Raw Method will only last one year in the freezer.
Traditional Chinese Method (TCM)
- Consists of thoroughly cleaning your placenta, steaming it, delicately slicing it into thin pieces, dehydrating it at 160°, gently grinding it up, and carefully placing into capsules.
- We do NOT use any herbs in our steaming process.
- The water from the steaming process can be consumed and is referred to as Mother’s Broth.
“TCM is all about creating a balance in the body, and different conditions are considered “hot” or “cold”. For example, a cold can produce a fever, which is an excess of heat. Therefore, the treatment would be something that has a cooling effect on the body. But in TCM, postnatal [people] are considered to have an excess of cold in the body. In China, postpartum [people] are discouraged from eating cold food or drinks, or even from taking a shower lest it create an additional chill. They are only given warm foods and foods that have a warming effect on their system, for at least the first 30-40 days postpartum.
Raw placenta will have a cooling effect on the system, throwing the body even further out of balance. Prepared or cooked placenta (steamed is preferable, as steaming is the most gentle way to cook something and retain the most nutrients in the food) is the most preferable way of ingesting placenta for postpartum people. It will have a warming effect on the system, bringing the body more quickly into balance.”
– “Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Placenta.” PlacentaBenefits.info. Placenta Benefits Ltd. Web.
Considerations When Selecting Your Method
It is recommended to use the Traditional Chinese Method (TCM) if you have any of the following:
- Group B Strep (GBS)
- Meconium present at birth (baby’s feces)
You may also choose to have your placenta processed using half of your placenta for both methods (50/50) for an additional $10.
Organic or flavored capsules available!
Organic and flavored are not available.
What We Do
Starting at $200
Using both the Raw Method and Traditional Chinese Method (TCM), your placenta will carefully be processed in our separate designated placenta kitchen.
First 2 oz FREE
Placenta Tincture is made from a piece of the mother’s own placenta after birth over 6 weeks.
Our healing salve is made with all organic ingredients and can be used topically to help with a variety of skin issues, as well as to nourish and replenish.
We now offer healing salve bars!
$10 – Only with TCM
When the placenta is prepared using the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the broth is created. The broth is a natural by-product of this process and is essentially what is left behind, after the steaming portion is complete.
Each package includes an umbilical cord keepsake tied with baby’s initial and baby’s birthstone.
You can choose to have it made in the shape of a heart, baby’s first initial, or even the word “Love”; provided the umbilical cord is long enough.
Placenta art is an amazing keepsake for parents. Some parents like to have a colorful rendering of the placenta to commemorate the special connection between the birther and baby in the womb. A great gift for surrogates!
Each placenta is carefully and respectfully fully inspected, weighed, and measured before beginning the processing.
We provide you with all information we obtain regarding your placenta on your Placenta Dossier.
UPE in Numbers
placenta at a time
Why You’ll Love Us
There is never been a better time to have a happy postpartum period through placenta encapsulation.
- Respectful, friendly, professional
- Quality, tinted containers to ensure longevity.
- Only the Best Ingredients
“Above and Beyond my Expectations”
“Above and Beyond my Expectations”